Love or hate them, espadrilles will be everywhere this Summer, so you'd better get used to them. Everyone from Marc Jacobs to Go Jane have picked up on the trend for rope-soled wedges. Before you pass them by, think about the practicality of these Summer staples. The wedge gives you height and slims the legs, but there's more support for the foot than with a heel, making them much more comfortable. Wear them with shorts (if you've got the legs), or floaty Summer dresses and skirts, butdon't attempt to smarten them up. These are definitely a hot weather, holiday trend. We've picked ten of our favourites, from classic styles to crazy designer interpretations, so hopefully you'll like at least one of them....
Espadrilles Etc 'Raquel' roman-style espadrilles with short & long ties $60.50 / €52
- A strappy espadrille with two pairs of straps for two very different looks.
'Size' wedge espadrille by Go Jane (also available in blue) $19.99
- A bargain $20 mule espadrille, perfect for the young (or young at heart).
Burberry Ankle Tie espadrille wedge (also in pink / nova check) $245
- Wear these with a Burberry bikini to complete that 'footballer's wife' look!
Purple Canvas ankie-tie espadrilles £30 at Topshop
- The ultimate classic canvas espadrille in a great Summer colour.
Marc Jacobs striped upper ankle strap espadrille $380
- The designer of the moment's take on the shoe of the moment.
Charles by Charles David 'Nancy' espadrille sandal $95.95
- A more compact, sandal-like style, but still with the classic rope wedge.
Cole Haan Meadow Macrame Espadrille $184.99
- Metallic and multicoloured, for girls who like to be seen.
Russell & Bromley Candyfloss ribbon tie espadrille
- Channel Lara Flynn Boyle and embrace your inner ballet dancer.
Seychelles 'Flamenco' fabric tie espadrille $69.99
- Floral fabric straps make these Luc Berjen meets Laura Ashley, but cheaper.
Christian Lacroix Tassel Espadrille $290
- Crazy designer finds to wear whilst sunbathing on P. Diddy's yacht. Or something.