For anyone who's ever heard the eternal words "I'm getting married! Will you be my bridesmaid?", you'll be fully aware of the horrendous puff-sleeve dresses in furniture-like patterns, and more importantly, the ugly shoes that immediately spring to mind. However, you might be lucky enough to be allowed to pick the shoes yourself. If not, tap the bride-to-be on the shoulder and send her Shoewawa-wards. Here's our rundown of the must-have shoes that are wedding compatible, suitable for brides, bridesmaids and wedding guests.
With thanks to Toni Stokes
Lulu Guinness 'Martha' (silver or gold) £185
- The perfect wedding shoe if money is no object. The heel is low enough to make walking around all day comfortable, instead of excrutiating.
Schuh 'Larot' Diamante Strap Sandal £49.99
- A great bargain find, these shoes look the part but won't break the bank.
Nina 'Brandy' in pink, silver, white or black $69.99
- Who can resist a bit of sparkle? This simply shaped court is made unique by the diamante-like finish.
Gina Bridal 'Emma' court £335
- A gorgeous classic shaped court with Gina's customary bling!
Gina 'Cabaret' strappy sandal £295
- Okay, so we might have a Gina addiction - but these are just gorgeous!
Kit Ankle strap sandal £15
- Cheap chic metallic sandals which are great for bridesmaids on a budget!
Chloe Crystal Bow Sandals £355 / $685
- Featured on Shoewawa before, if money is no object these shoes are stunning!
Schuh Diamante trim open waist sandals £44.99
- Carrie Bradshaw-esque D'Orsay's for those style-conscious wedding parties!
Office Wedding 'Audrey' Court £49.99
- Named after one of the biggest style icons of the last Century, these are classic & comfy!
Bouquets 'Megan' $45.95
- Ideal if you're going to be walking all day. A simple ballet pump with cute bow detail.
Manolo Blahnik 'Carolyne' slingbacks $495 (various colours)
- If you ever needed an excuse to splash out on a pair of Manolo's, your wedding day is it. Indulge yourself with this ultimate classic in white satin.