Autumn/Winter Essentials: The black over ankle boot.
I know, I know, it's barely mid-August and we're already talking about what you should be wearing this Autumn and Winter. The problem is, those pesky shoe designers surprise us every year by releasing their A/W collections whilst our minds are still on wedges and toe-posts. By the time we're freezing our toes off in October, everywear has sold out.
So what's a girl to do? Well, for one thing, cast aside your thoughts of your summer sandals for a moment, and read our rundown of that essential A/W wardrobe stable: the calf or knee-high black boot. Here's our top 10, with choices for all budgets.
- We love these hand-painted calf-length heels.
- We've already told you that lace-ups are the future. Here's an affordable style.
- We love the strap and tassle details on these calf-high boots.
- If you're a size six you're in luck, these bargain beauties are now only available in that size.
- The round toe and slouch style gives these an original, unique feel.
- We're liking the buckle detail and the price with these leather lovelies.
- Personally, I'm not a huge fan of this style, but I know some people are and these are a bargain.
- Leather + metallic heel + pointy toe = boot beauties. Not a bad price, either!
- Something a bit different; the silver motif on these makes them stand out from the crowd.
- A chunkier heel for those on their feet all day.