Shoewawa's Spring Predictions
(Valentino and Giambattista Valli S/S 2006 shoes via Style.com)
Now the sales are dwindling, it's time to start looking forward to Spring. This week, fellow shoe blogger The Manolo has launched the 'Carnivale of Couture', a chance for fashion blogs to come together, blog on a chosen topic, and then take it in turns to link to the Carnivale each week. This week it's the turn of Spring predictions...so here's the Shoewawa rundown of what we'll all be fancying for our feet in the coming months! There's loads of info under the cut, so make sure you click!
High heeled and / or platform sole moccasins / loafers
Yves Saint Laurent $650 and Gucci Resort $495
- YSL's bestselling Winter platform is back for Spring in a range of lighter colours and beautiful textures. It's hardly for the faint-hearted, but the fashionistas love it! For a slightly more demure look, Gucci's white version is easier to wear, and nods to the eternal Spring trend for nautical colours.
Neutral colourways and grown-up, formal-looking wedges
Giuseppe Zanotti $475 and Prada $585
- Wedges continue to be big news for the new season. Many of them are coupled with high platform soles in heavy stacked wood, but there are also some beautiful formal looks around for those who prefer something sleeker. They're best bought in neutral colours, which will be big news once the sun comes out. Zanotti adds a gold trim, while Prada goes for lightweight linen.
Stacked wooden heels and chunky leather sandals
Chloe $335 and Burberry $295
- Stash away those spindly strappies (unless they happen to be white or neutral). This season sandals are going to be much chunkier than usual, with high stacked heels, platform soles and thick leather straps. Chloe have taken this to the limits with a great range of stacked heels, while Burberry have gone for clog-like detail around the sole of their contrast-stitch sandals.
Killer Platforms (and I mean killer!)
Lanvin €435 and Christian Louboutin $795
- Platform soles are going to be absolutely everywhere this Spring, and nobody has taken them to extremes quite like Lanvin. Their range of satin platforms with vertiginous heels may not be very wearable, but put them on your dresser and you've got a ready-made work of art! Christian Louboutin's ribbon lace-up platform is available in various colours (including a leopard print) and is a slightly more practical bet. But only slightly! These are definitely sitting down shoes!
All White on the night!
Christian Louboutin $620 and Miu Miu £220
- White shoes may have Brits thinking of Essex girls in the 80s and Americans thinking of that 'not after labor day' rule, but open your minds a little. White is the colour for the new season. Christian Louboutin has taken the stacked platform of the celeb-fave 'Bruges' shoe and added a peep-toe for this eyecatching Spring offering, while Miu Miu has gone grecian with some turquoise beads and a stacked stiletto. Two very different takes on a big Spring style.