Trend Watch: neon shoes
Neons are an underground trend this season, but they're going to be huge in spring/summer. For those who want to be ahead of the curve, several savvy retailers have already stocked up on the trend and just a subtle fluorescent flash is all you need to convey a knowing nod to next season's biggest hit. We've collected together a few of our favourite neon styles available to buy now. Some are part of pre S/S 'cruise' collections, others are simply forward-looking autumn/winter shoes from high street collections.
1. Office 'A Viper Vision' cream and neon pink platform heels, £80 at Office. This daring style is a great way to wear the look now and only features a small stripe of neon on the back of the heel. You can smarten these up or go crazy with riotous pattern in your clothing.
2. Brian Atwood 'Maniac' neon heels. £525 at Net-a-Porter. These luminous yellow pumps by Brian Atwood are made from high gloss patent leather and they really dazzle. A classic silhouette from the celebrated designer, they are a contemporary take on a timeless style.
3. Diane Von Furstenberg 'Klee' buff leather and patent sandals, £180 at Net-a-Porter. Taken from the New York designer's cruise collection, these sandals are one of many flat styles to come out of the recent fashion shows. Love it or hate it, this style is going to be everywhere in the summer!
4. United Nude block heel pump in neon green; £52.50 (was £175) at Amazon. This iconic style from innovative and sustainable brand United Nude is on sale at a fantastic price at the moment and helps you get the neon look in effortless style. The brand has an established celebrity following and we can see these styles becoming collectors' pieces.
5. Stella McCartney faux python sandals £470 at Net-a-Porter. Fake the snake with these minimalist heeled sandals from Stella McCartney. Made with a naturalistic reptile-effect faux leather upper, the look is completed by a flash of orange at the sole.
6. Kurt Geiger 'Greek' heeled sandals, £240 at Kurt Geiger. Kurt Geiger is going to go absolutely nuts for neon in the coming season, and we are hugely impressed by how they've managed to use these extreme brights with so much style. This ultra high heeled sandal shows us how more is less with the flash of yellow on the back of cream buff leather.