Hottest shoe styles of 2011: the high street
Click here to see our favourite high street pieces from 2011.1. Topshop Astrid Glitter Boots: We love a good designer homage here at Shoewawa, and Topshop's glitter boots were the perfect affordable response to Miu Miu's sparkly masterpiece. Still available to buy, they're now in the sale reduced to £50 (from £80)
2. Ashish Creepers. We fell for Ashish at London Fashion Week, then went crazy for his customisable creepers (£125 at ASOS), made in collaboration with Underground shoes. The style really took off after Rihanna wore them on X-Factor, having covered the shoes in Tip-Ex swears. Naughty naughty!
3. Dune snake print wedges: 2011 was the year when we all let our prejudices over shoe colour go, and just let our imaginations run wild mixing shades we'd never normally wear together. Dune's Mega Wedge snake-print sandals (£89 here) really captured the vibe.
4. Black and Brown Riding Boots: We all went a bit riding-boot crazy towards the end of the year, and these styles are still huge on the high street. This 'Dasher' pull-on boot is £95 from Topshop, but you'll find almost identical ones at Aldo, Simply Be and elsewhere
5. Turquoise Glitter Platforms: Another glittery shoe of the year, this time from ASOS. 'Hysteric' boldly took on the jewel trend with turquoise glitter and a 70s-inspired platform. It originally retailed at £40 but is available now in the ASOS sale at £26 for those who dare...
6. Aldo Wedge Trainers as worn by Little Mix: It's great when the style icons of the moment can still only afford to wear high street shoes, and that was true of Little Mix at least at the time that they wore their identikit black wedge trainers - the £80 'Netz' concealed wedge booties! They're still available to buy via Aldo or ASOS.
7. Jeffrey Campbell Lita Boots: Nicknamed the 'fashion blogger boots' by us and many others, the chunky and stylish 'Lita' boot was very much a style to be seen in during 2011. We ran a competition to give away a pair and had one hell of a reader response! Clearly you love these boots as much as we do. They normally sell for £125+
8. Red or Dead Starship boots: We couldn't possibly leave out Red or Dead's dazzling 'Starship' boots from this list. An exclusive at Schuh (£100), they were yet another high street style to attract the attention of Little Mix, and we loved the sheer seventies wildness of it all.
9. River Island Perspex Heel Boots: We were amazed to find out that these perspex-heeled booties spotted at London Fashion Week were from River Island, and even more thunderstruck when ASOS reduced them in their sale from an original £65 to a frankly unbelievable £19. They've all gone now, of course *sniff*
10. Office Adenine Mesh Shoeboots: Office channeled Jimmy Choo (pretty successfully, we think!) with this slender-heeled style that just looks like it belongs on the red carpet. We liked the mesh detailing that shows off whatever exciting hosiery you might want to wear beneath. Unlike Choo's shoes, however, this style will set you back just £60. Available also in gold, the style has been spotted on the feet of girl band The Saturdays.