Check Out Gola's History Here!
Today, Gola bring us the short film that tells the tale of their vast history and heritage originating in 1905 with 'The Birth of Gola' and their journey to present day covering their roles and development in both the sporting and fashion worlds as well as the producing the iconic Harrier trainer and Messenger bag. Gola also note expanding globally in over 67 countries in the early seventies and celebrating their 100th birthday in 2005.
Gola have had successful collaborations with such high-end designers as Christian Lacroix, Jonathan Saunders and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac as well as fruity graphic design duo, Tado. Their collaboration with London department store Liberty is currently on sale, you can purchase the beautiful art fabric designs here.
To celebrate Gola's history, we've picked out our favourite bright sneakers, plimsoles and high-tops to tickle your fancy. Wear these brights and neons for a spot of shopping, to festivals or for that Summer walk.. whenever that may be..
1. Gola + Liberty Art Fabrics Women's Quota High Betsy in Raspberry £65>>
2. Gola Classics Women's Harrier in Apple Green/White £50>>
3. Gola Classics Women's Harrier in Purple/Yellow £50>>
4. Gola Classics Women's Cyclone in Reflex Blue/Grey £55>>
5. Gola + Liberty Art Fabrics Women's Quote Melly in Mimosa £60>>
6. Gola Classics Women's Quote Neon in Neon Pink/Neon Green £40>>
The year of 2012 brought Gola's student campaign, Born in Britain, promoting students all over the country and their talents in art, film, music and fashion. I am fortunate enough in being a Gola Brand Ambassador myself and I am responsible for scouting out the most switched-on fashionistas ready to impress, have a spy of the official blog here.